Pure Encapsulations – Magnesium (Glycinate) – Supports Enzymatic and Physiological Functions – 180 Capsules
Magnesium activates the enzymes necessary for a number of physiological functions, including neuromuscular contractions, cardiac function, and the regulation of the acid-alkaline balance in the body. In a cross-sectional study involving 210 elderly individuals, optimal magnesium intake was associated with positive mood, lipid metabolism and lean body mass. Magnesium is necessary for the metabolism of carbohydrates, amino acids and fats, as well as energy production and the utilization of calcium, phosphorus, sodium, and potassium. In a 15-year study involving almost 5,000 young adults, higher intakes of magnesium were associated with healthy cardiovascular function and glucose utilization. Another large cross-sectional study found that magnesium intake was positively associated with bone mineral density in certain subgroups. This vital mineral also helps utilize some vitamins, including vitamin B6, vitamin C, and vitamin E. Magnesium (glycinate) is less likely to cause loose stools than other forms of magnesium.
- Nutrient Metabolism Support: Supports the metabolism and utilization of many essential nutrients and the proper functioning of important enzymatic and physiological functions.*
- Overall Health: Magnesium activates the enzymes necessary for a number of physiological functions, including neuromuscular contraction and cardiac function.*
- Cellular Energy Production: Magnesium is necessary for the metabolism of carbohydrates, amino acids and fats, as well as for energy production and the utilization of calcium, phosphorus, sodium and potassium.*
- Pure Quality: Our supplements are made with only premium ingredients sourced from trusted suppliers and guided by our nutritional experts, then carefully manufactured and tested to verify their potency and purity.
- Pure Difference: What makes us different isn’t just our process or what goes into our supplements — what we leave out matters, too. All Pure Encapsulations products are FREE FROM many common allergens like wheat, eggs, tree nuts & peanuts, gluten, artificial colors, flavors & sweeteners, coatings and shellacs, GMOs, unnecessary binders, fillers & preservatives, and more.
- During the summer months products may arrive warm but Amazon stores and ships products in accordance with manufacturers’ recommendations, when provided.
Size:180 Count (Pack of 1)
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Best Sellers Rank: #468 in Health & Household (See Top 100 in Health & Household)
Adverse effects from magnesium supplementation are rare when taken as directed, but can include gastrointestinal upset and diarrhea. Individuals with kidney disease should not take magnesium supplements without consulting a doctor. Magnesium glycinate is less likely to cause loose stools. If pregnant or lactating, consult your physician before taking this product. Magnesium should be taken separately from bisphosphonate medications. Caution should be taken with concurrent use of potassium-sparing diuretics. It may also be contraindicated with certain antibiotics. Consult your physician for more information.
Pure Encapsulations – Magnesium (glycinate) 180’s
Each serving size (1 vegetarian capsule) contains: Magnesium (as magnesium glycinate) 120 mg. Other ingredients: Vegetarian capsule (cellulose, water), ascorbyl palmitate.
As a dietary supplement, take 1-4 capsules daily. Consume with food.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Please contact your healthcare professional immediately if you experience any unwanted side effects. The information contained herein is for informational purposes only and does not establish a doctor-patient relationship. Please be sure to consult your physician before taking this or any other product.
All Pure Encapsulations ingredients, including those derived from corn, are GMO free. We obtain statements from each of our suppliers certifying that the ingredients do not contain GMOs. For some nutrients, we conduct PCR testing to confirm the absence of genetically modified material.
Statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.
3.8 x 3.8 x 4.4 inches; 6 Ounces
|Date First Available :||
January 10, 2004